Sparks Pat Testing Ltd, a portable appliance testing company, is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with the principles of the data protection laws.
This policy sets out how any personal data we collect from you, and that you also provide us with, will be recorded, retained and destroyed by us.
The following sets out our company practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Collection of Personal Data
Methods of collecting your personal data can involve the following:
1. Information you provide when completing an online quotation request form, telephone enquiry or direct contact.
3. Information via emails and any other form of communications that we have sent to you and any response you have made to them.
4. Provide you with all relevant necessary information regarding our services that your company may require and nothing else.
5. Sparks Pat Testing Ltd does not subject any of its clients with marketing emails, letters, telephone cold calling, etc, therefore no opting in options are required.
Processing of your Data
Sparks Pat Testing Ltd only collect and process personal data, as detailed in the above, and we only use this information in the following ways:
1. Have your consent to do this.
2. Require your personal data to perform contact with you, perform the portable appliance testing at your required location, to produce the relevant documentation and reports which are then sent to you via email, paper copy by post or both. These are held securely on our computer data base for 3 years before being securely destroyed.
Sparks Pat Testing Ltd will endeavour to protect all your personal data held electronically, however please remember that there is no single product that can completely guarantee online computer protection, but we will do our best to protect your personal data transmitted to us via the internet or held on our computer systems.
The following procedures have been put in place to ensure that all security measures for Sparks Pat Testing Ltd are met:
1. There is a restricted access to our systems users and passwords are enforced to strong and subject to regular changes.
2. Antivirus systems are in place and Sparks Pat Testing Ltd run regular reviews of protection, by ensuring all software updates are maintained and applied.
3. Any systems that are a few years old are reviewed to ensure they are adequate.
4. Adequate back up is undertaken at regular intervals and hard copy personal information is stored securely.
5. All staff trained in preventing virus attacks by taking care of when opening emails and attachments.
Data Retention Period
Sparks Pat Testing Ltd will only hold information about you, which includes quotation requests, pat testing reports, correspondence via email or letter etc in our data systems for 3 years.
At the end of the 3 year period, any computerised information will be securely deleted, and any written reports, site documentation etc will be securely disposed of.
Information Data Rights
Under the Data Protection Act, the law enables you to request a copy of information we hold about you. If you feel that any of this information is incorrect, not necessary for us to maintain, or need to hold any more, then you can request this to be adjusted, deleted or withdrawn. This can also be requested to anyone who we have shared your personal information with regarding other quotations or services that you have requested Sparks Pat Testing Ltd to help you with, and we will inform these companies of your relevant requests.
Right to Complain
You can contact the Information Commissioner's Office if you feel that you need to raise a complaint on how Sparks Pat Testing Ltd has handled your personal data.